Saturday 3 November 2012

Poetry: Scarlet Woman

Scarlet Woman
What is the point of affection if it isn't reciprocated?
Surely mutual love is the only and best of its kind?
but let me not kid you
These thoughts of mine only exist in mind
And not in action
Because I have chosen the role of "the other woman"
I kid myself its not so because, after all I'm just a girl
I blame my actions on the cliche excuse of
"this cruel heartless old world"
He's forever in my head but to him I'm invisible once i leave the confines of his bed
Yes I am a full fledged sidechick
You know, the respondent your boyfriends trying to send messages to via his sidekick
messages that read:
"Ahh babes when you gonna come buck me?"
Which as we all know
Really translates to
"when you gonna come fuck me?"
And like a fool I go
Leaving common sense at the door as I travel to his
The logic in my brain becomes speechless in his presence
And before you know it we'recuddled up in bed, and hes whispering shit in my ear like
"Ahhh babes,Ur weave smells like herbal essence"-
My reasoning evaporates in his presence
You see, I present myself as a victim incapable of letting him go
But within myself I know I am the perpetrator of this cupids chokehold...
But I play the damsel in distress to a tee
Crying to my friends
"Why does he do this to me?"
As the clothes go off
So does the light in my soul
Morning comes, my cue to go
But as I lay here on his chest
The heavy breathing, listening to his beat
I pretend they are drums, beating to our loves rhythm
But this is a solo adulterous affair
The real duet is between him and his wifey
I saw-well stalked pictures of them on Facebook
they were holding hands she was sporting a white tee
And That's when I knew that I was a scorned scarlet woman
Destined to a life of dodging questions
On my way to the nearest travel lodge
You see she gets introduced to the parents
Girls like me have to argue against being passed around to the boys
Do you have any idea of what it feels like
having your feelings toyed
With.
My shame and disgust hauntme
In this house where I'm alone
Wallowing in my self-pity
yet sat by the phone
Because i know and so does he,
That once it rings
Once that lying cheating pied piper sings
I will answer his call
Defeating my self worth
To become his scarlet woman once more.

1 comment:

  1. Love! There's something about the way you write... Something real and personal. I wish to see much more from you in the future. Peace x

    ReplyDelete