Saturday 3 November 2012

Poetry: Composed Heartbreak in a SMS

Composed Heartbreak In a SMS
I'm not good enough for you
I'm not as pretty as them
Or as sophisticated
Or as pruned and well spoken
Shakespeare once rightly wrote
"jealousy doth mock"
I flipping envy those girls who are perfect
Whilst I walk around in odd socks
I watch how they swarm around you
In their cute frocks
And bleached blonde locks
Collagen pouted lips as if they spend the whole day sucking your co-
anyway
Why am I feeling bitter?
IThey're not the ones who broke up with me
Leaving me incomplete
You did
Thus reinforcing my many insecurities
I still remember the day you moved to me
It was a wednesday evening in subway
And when I left the shop
You told me how very coincidently you were going my way
From then we chatted
And agreed to link on a friday
And the rest they say is history-
Baby are you missing me?
Because I sure do
And the worst thing is that i don't have a clue of how much angst I brought to you
I love you so much
And in hindsight I wish never made such a fuss
when I saw those suspicious texts on your phone
I wish I lost the capability to moan
About the annoying niggly things you did
Like not washing your plates
Or forgetting to take out the bins
Do you know the pain you've put me in?
Put me through?
Sleepless nights in your shirt
Just to get the smell of you
This aint fucking marvins room
I've not been drinking
Just sober thinking
of whether....
We could
I don't know...get back together?
I miss our sex too, you're the only guy I'd Let bareback me
Text back, g xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment